Re: [Multitouch-device-support]Decided if one usb-hid panel should be supported by hid-multitouch?

2011/4/30 Stéphane Chatty <chatty@xxxxxxx>
> (am I the only one who has a hard time finding who has written messages
sent to this list?)
I had registered this ML, not sure what was presented to your i-box, cannot
see name?;-)

>A few of these fields are necessary only. We have working code (but not
clean enough yet to be submitted) that detects multitouch devices so as to
use hid-multitouch automatically, and we rely on a
Nice to know this, thanks. So your new codes will check the capability of
usb-hid touch panel and if the reporter fit into some ceriteria, then using
hid-multitouch?

> sentence in a Win7 document that says in essence that '0x51 means
multitouch'. Of course, to be any useful at all the device needs to report X
and Y too :-) We also usually rely on TipSwitch.
Thanks, so the minimal requirement is: 0x30, 0x31, 0x42, 0x51.

> You can get the information from the device by using 'lsusb -v', but only
after telling usbhid to stop grabbing the device (otherwise you are not
allowed to query the report descriptors and you get an
Thanks for this information.