Re: open-source driver for Microsoft Surface 2.0

On 11.05.2012 14:20, Henrik Rydberg wrote:
Better yet, from the protocol details, it looks like it would be
straight-forward to write an MT driver directly.
Can you suggest a kernel driver which I could use as base?
Sure, drivers/input/mouse/bcm5974.c seems like a candidate. It also
uses fixed endpoints directly.
I've finally found a bit of time to work on the kernel driver. I have a basic character driver up and running, however, I've hit a bit of a snag regarding the input subsystem.

AFAICT, all drivers including the bcm5974 example you mentioned are using interrupt endpoints. However, the Surface 2.0 has bulk endpoints which, consequently, require continuous polling. Does the input subsystem support that, or is a separate kernel thread required?

Florian
--
SENT FROM MY DEC VT50 TERMINAL