mylvmbackup-discuss team mailing list archive

Re: Fwd: rationale behind posdir construction

Hi,

On 05/20/2009 09:38 PM, Lenz Grimmer wrote:

> Does anybody object to removing the code? It would make mylvmbackup
> require to work with LVMv2 only, but I would assume that's not a problem
> nowadays.

Nobody objected and I found some time to work on this last weekend, so I've
now pushed the required changes into the trunk. Removing the logic that does
the bind mounting of the directory made the code a bit simpler - now we just
copy the position record and the backup my.cnf file into the snapshot volume
directly before taking the backup. Which means we now require support for
writable snapshots (LVMv2) by default. But I guess that's not a big issue
anymore...

Please test!

Bye,
	LenZ