mylvmbackup-discuss team mailing list archive

rsync and temporary folder

hi,

I have tried many different configurations, and I am not able to use
mylvmbackup with rsync without creating a temporary folder. When I run
the backup, it creates always a temporary folder called
"prefix-suffix.INCOMPLETE.xxxx". I would like to rsync always to the
previous directory to limit the backup time and also because
afterwards anyway I run a backup client which keeps the different
versions.

If I read correctly the man page it should be possible, because for
the parameter datefmt, it's written:
"Can be empty as well, to suppress adding a time stamp (e.g. when using
           rsync to always sync into the same backup directory)."

Am i missing something?

Thank you!