mysql-proxy-discuss team mailing list archive

Re: Lua script repository

Hi,

On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 12:46 PM, Kay Röpke <Kay.Roepke@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi!
>

> I'd say that whoever wants to contribute a script can branch, propose and
> ask for a merge.
*nod*

> If that person is interested in maintaining that script he or she should ask
> to be added to the team, so they can help out in merging in changes in their
> or other scripts.
> Presumably there would be a discussion about merges that need one (just a
> normal review process most likely).
Sounds good.

> My only reason for wanting a "moderated" team was to prevent chaos, not to
> lock down access to it.
> But since this is not "owned" by Sun, I'll let others figure out how they
> want to handle it :)
>

> As I've said off-list already:
> I'm fine with requiring a proxy tree to run the tests.
> Currently we have the entire library and examples in the scripts tree, but
> we probably don't need that.
> You have started from the proxy tree to get the history in, and I think
> that's fine. We should probably be removing a whole of stuff and only keep
> those things that make no sense to have in the general main proxy tree.
> If we need changes in the test runner over in the proxy mainline, feel free
> to propose changes.

Ah, at first I was thinking of having the test runner on this new repository,
but I think you are saying we should *use* the test runner from the
proxy project, and somehow tell the test runner to test the scripts
from this *new* repository.

> Feel free to grab some of the interesting scripts from the forge and put
> them into the script tree. It's much nicer to track things (and discover new
> ones) using a bzr tree than a wiki ;)
alright.

> To restate: I request that scripts to be put into the new tree are under a
> GPL or GPL-compatible license, but again I'm not the owner of this tree.
> Should things evolve towards a more general purpose API for proxy, I'd like
> to see it moving into the proxy mainline, and that most likely requires some
> legal action. But let's worry about that when it happens.

When I created the project on launchpad, I selected the checkbox for
GPL, but I assume we also need to have some GPL header on each script?

Thanks

Diego

--
Diego Medina