mysql-proxy-discuss team mailing list archive

Re: Lua script repository

On Mar 18, 2009, at 6:27 PM, Diego Medina wrote:

Hi,

On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 12:46 PM, Kay Röpke <Kay.Roepke@xxxxxxx> wrote:
As I've said off-list already:
I'm fine with requiring a proxy tree to run the tests.
Currently we have the entire library and examples in the scripts tree, but
we probably don't need that.
You have started from the proxy tree to get the history in, and I think that's fine. We should probably be removing a whole of stuff and only keep those things that make no sense to have in the general main proxy tree. If we need changes in the test runner over in the proxy mainline, feel free
to propose changes.

Ah, at first I was thinking of having the test runner on this new repository,
but I think you are saying we should *use* the test runner from the
proxy project, and somehow tell the test runner to test the scripts
from this *new* repository.

if that's possible, i think it would be the best option. we would just end up duplicating code. as i said, if we need to make changes to the proxy mainline to make it happen (like giving it a
different directory to look for tests in) then i'm all for it.

To restate: I request that scripts to be put into the new tree are under a GPL or GPL-compatible license, but again I'm not the owner of this tree. Should things evolve towards a more general purpose API for proxy, I'd like to see it moving into the proxy mainline, and that most likely requires some
legal action. But let's worry about that when it happens.

When I created the project on launchpad, I selected the checkbox for
GPL, but I assume we also need to have some GPL header on each script?

yes, each file needs to carry a license header, also identifying the author(s).
not different to pretty much every other project really.
the checkbox on the launchpad page simply servers as an indication for launchpad users to quickly see what license that project is under - it serves no legal purpose.

cheers,
-k
--
Kay Roepke
Software Engineer, MySQL Enterprise Tools

Sun Microsystems GmbH    Sonnenallee 1, DE-85551 Kirchheim-Heimstetten
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Thomas Schroeder, Wolfang Engels, Dr. Roland Boemer
Vorsitz d. Aufs.rat.: Martin Haering                    HRB MUC 161028