myunity team mailing list archive

Re: Updates about MyUnity

Al 21/11/11 15:50, En/na Andrea Colangelo ha escrit:
> Hi David!
>
> On Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 14:47, David Planella <david.planella@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> - I uploaded the package into Archive a few days ago.
>> This will mean MyUnity will get into the archive for Precise, but as I
>> was suggesting the other day, why not get the best of both worlds and do
>> both (i.e. submit to the archive and to extras)?
>> This way MyUnity would be in extras for 11.10 and in the archive for 12.04.
>
> My idea was to backport MyUnity to stable releases using
> $DISTRO-backport, but...
>
>> We're trying to get more Open Source apps in extras and people to use
>> the Ubuntu App Developer site, so if you would like to consider
>> submitting MyUnity to https://myapps.developer.ubuntu.com and give us
>> some feedback on how the process worked for you, that'd be awesome.
>
> ...that's an interesting option as well, especially because I never
> used UAD so far and would like to give it a try sooner or later. Both
> options are fine for me, so I will refer the decision to the actual
> developers (I am just the packager, after all!). Guys, what's your
> mind about this choice?

Cool, let's see what the other guys have to say on that.

>>> - Translations are our current issue. gambas has a pretty weird way to
>>> manage .po(t) files. As you can see, everything is in a hidden
>>> directory, .lang, and all translations are included within the binary
>>> blob after compilation. Then, the program will choose the language at
>>> runtime depending on the system locale. We wish to manage translations
>>> on LP, but unfortunately looks like the branch isn't automagically
>>> imported buy LP (probabily due to being hidden, or wrong naming scheme
>>> for files within).
>> It might be because it's hidden or because there are multiple .pot files
>> in the same directory. You should only have one .pot file in the
>> directory where translations are done.
>
> I'll try to see if a symlink po/ -> .lang/ is enough to fix it.
> Regarding the multiple .pot's issue, one of the three is void, another
> seems mostly useless, another one contains pretty everything. Fabio,
> any chance to consolidate all strings in just one .pot file?
>
>> I can help you setting up your project in Launchpad to start using
>> translations. I'll need to see how to best do it without you having to
>> modify too much your project layout (e.g. adding a po/FMain.pot
>> symlink), but let me come back to you once I've found out more.
>
> Sounds great!
>
>> In the meantime, though, you can upload translations manually to
>> Launchpad, so that they are exposed to Launchpad and translators can do
>> their work.
>
> I followed your instructions and just did that. Looks like LP liked
> the multiple .pot files. .pot and .po files are now waiting the review
> in the import queue.

Yeah, the manual upload will take any .pot file you feed it, although
there should only be one .pot file per directory.

I've had a look at the files you uploaded, and I deleted the bogus .pot
files.

I was about to approve the FMain.pot file, but then I realized it's all
in Italian. The .pot file uploaded should be an English one, to follow
the convention of other translations and give translators who speak
English but not Italian the chance to translate.

If you've got an English .pot file, feel free to upload it and I'll
happily approve it (note that manual approval is only needed once, and
for automatic translations from branch imports, it is not even needed).

https://translations.launchpad.net/myunity/trunk/+imports

> Thank you for your help, and have a great day!
> Andrea.

Cheers,
David.

--