Geoff's Part December Post.

Hi David and Leigh, please accept my apologies for my slackness.

The situation is really in a bit of a mess isn't it. Regarding multiple
indexed pages, I am of the opinion that the page should count as one
regardless of the number of index listings. Perhaps a vote by the three
of us should decide the issue?

David, as you are keen to install the Xubuntu pages, may I suggest that
your next post should be after Leigh's and before mine. I would suggest
that you both are welcome to use any of that messy lot I listed for you.

At this stage, if approved, I will be removing or reviewing any of the
list below. Let me know what you recommend David. I will also include in
additions all of those that you do not wish to post for any reason. I
suggest that you please allow me to enter as many as possible.
(I feel guilty).

Leigh, if you have any queries, you only need to ask for assistance.
Alternatively don't install anything if you have any doubt.

Other than those pages listed below, I will be submitting to you both a
revised version of my next likely post once I see the details of your
posts and your response to this one of mine.

It is suggested that the following 14 sub-pages be removed or reviewed.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuStudio/communitylinks

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuStudio/FAQ

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuStudio/HowTos

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuStudio/howtohelp

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuStudio/IRC

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuStudio/MailLists

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuStudio/ProAudioIntro

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuStudio/Resources

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuStudio/Search

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuStudio/SocialChannels

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuStudio/SubPages

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuStudio/SupportedHardware

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuStudio/UserGuide

To be removed or reviewed?

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuStudio/ReportingBugs

Should the following page to be removed as it is under construction?

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Ubuntu%20Studio%20Upgrade%20from%20Ubuntu

*********

It is suggested that the following 8 pages be removed as they are sub-pages.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuScience/AlternativesToProprietarySoftware

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuScience/Astronomy

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuScience/PythonXY

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/VMware/Player

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/VMware/Server

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/VMware/Tools

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/VNC/Clients

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/VNC/Servers

*********

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Troubleshooting  Last Edited 27/8/10

To be replaced with -

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/X/Troubleshooting ? By Geoff if approved.

*********

Yes, I was referring to this Link -

http://ubuntuhandbook.org/

To be posted in the Links Page -

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Links ? By Geoff if approved.

*********

I hope that these amendments clarify the situation.

With best wishes to you both,
Geoff.

Follow ups