Re: NewDocs restructure and redesign

Hi.

On 9 December 2013 14:05, Leigh Tate <leigh.tate@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> David, yes, thank you for that. It's a wonderful confirmation of the
> NewDocs project, to have it receive the attention of those with such
> technical knowledge and skills. The improvements made have been excellent.
> I so agree about aesthetics as well as functionality.
>
> Recognzing my own limitations in terms of technical expertise, I'll do
> whatever I can to continue to help. Currently that means NewDocs page
> checking for outdated and subpages. That's the necessary grunt work which
> will keep NewDocs up to date.

And that's a huge task. I'm adding here the contents of mail from knome
regarding the creation of new tags intended to be used for maintenance
purposes that I think you and Geoff should be aware:

1) At the moment, we do not want to move pages to create any structure,
but keep on using Categories

2) We probably want to do some additional tags to the current ones
The best option seemed to be start using one or two new tags:
    <<Include(Tag/WrittenFor/12.04)>>, to denote that the page is
specifically written for 12.04
    <<Include(Tag/WorksWith/12.04,Tag/WorksWith/12.10)>>, to denote that
the page works with 12.04 and 12.10
In addition to those it would be useful to use "month categories" to
denote the last thorough review or the creation date, eg.
    Category2013Dec

More information on these topics and more can be found at the pad [1]
used for running through the issues. If you don't have access to the
pad, please contact Lyz [2] to be added to the Ubuntu Etherpad users group.

Cheers,
Pasi

[1] http://pad.ubuntu.com/NEBLAcp4eo
[2] pleia2 in Freenode IRC or lyz@xxxxxxxxxx

Do we need to discuss areas of responsibility now that the team is
> expanding?
>
> Best wishes,
> Leigh

IMO, no. At least for now.