Re: Merging pages with links to other sites and resources

Hi.

On 9 December 2013 14:19, Pasi Lallinaho <pasi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> during the work done on the Community help wiki, I've found several
> pages that list links to other sites and resources. Rather than
> maintaining these separately, we should merge them into one page with
> clear categories. The pages I've found so far are:
>
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/CommandLineResources
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ExternalGuides
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Links
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Signpost (to some extent, with subpages)
>
> In addition, I recently created the OtherResources page [1] in the
> purpose of having a short list of some the most useful links in one
> page. From my point of view, that should be kept as is, or with only
> small additions.
>
> Would somebody be interested in starting the work to merge and
> categorise the aforementioned pages?
>
> Cheers,
> Pasi
>
> [1] https://help.ubuntu.com/community/OtherResources

I'll pick this one.

The idea is to initially construct a sandbox area, gathering all the links
present in those four pages, in a alphabetic listing by category with the
idea that, afterwards, it will be a lot easier to analyze each link and
reach a conclusion whether it's a useful link or if it should rather be
moved to pages that cover that exact subject.

Cheers,
David Pires

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/slickymaster