Re: Format of knome's Posting Tool.

Hi, team.

On 29 January 2014 22:24, Geoff Smith <taurusone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 30/01/14 08:49, Geoff Smith wrote:
>
>> Hi David,
>>
>> Please accept my apology for disturbing you but I find myself in a bit of
>> a quandary. I have been trying to sort out in my mind the best way to use
>> the tool, but I am afraid I am at present up against a blank wall. I find
>> the format of the links in the tool confusing.
>> I have been creating URLs by means of cutting and pasting the Links. Am I
>> missing something basic?
>>
>> Is there an easier way of doing things than this? Perhaps to have the
>> ability to copy links to a blank Wiki page - preferably not NewDocs/Bank. I
>> have no idea if this is feasible or how to go about it if it is.
>>
>> I will wait for your comments David.
>>
>> With kind regards,
>> Geoff.
>>

>>  Hi again David,
>
> I think I have found how the tool is meant to be used.
>
> Firstly open The Tool..
>
> Scroll down a page at a time.
>
> Note Page and/or Sub-page.
>
> Open NewDocs.
>
> Search in NewDocs for the corresponding page and/or sub-page.
>
> However if there is a solution for possible alternative listing, I would
> be interested in your response.
> <https://launchpad.net/~newdocs>

Indeed there's a simpler solution, Geoff. As we're just querying the
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ universe, all the pages listed in
http://temp.knome.fi/docs/docs-popular.html belong there.

As an example, the [[Xen]] page. All you have to do is place the name of
the page after the last right slash in the url:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Xen

That's all, just copy the name of the page from the Tool and past it in the
url.

Cheers,
David

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/slickymaster