From: David Manuel Pires
Sent: 01/29/14 06:02 PM
To: newdocs
Subject: Re: [Newdocs] Format of knome's Posting Tool.

Hi, team.

On 29 January 2014 22:24, Geoff Smith < taurusone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx > wrote:
On 30/01/14 08:49, Geoff Smith wrote:Hi David,

Please accept my apology for disturbing you but I find myself in a bit of a quandary. I have been trying to sort out in my mind the best way to use the tool, but I am afraid I am at present up against a blank wall. I find the format of the links in the tool confusing.
I have been creating URLs by means of cutting and pasting the Links. Am I missing something basic?

Is there an easier way of doing things than this? Perhaps to have the ability to copy links to a blank Wiki page - preferably not NewDocs/Bank. I have no idea if this is feasible or how to go about it if it is.

I will wait for your comments David.

With kind regards,
Geoff.

Hi again David,

I think I have found how the tool is meant to be used.

Firstly open The Tool..

Scroll down a page at a time.

Note Page and/or Sub-page.

Open NewDocs.

Search in NewDocs for the corresponding page and/or sub-page.

However if there is a solution for possible alternative listing, I would be interested in your response.

Indeed there's a simpler solution, Geoff. As we're just querying the https://help.ubuntu.com/community/  universe, all the pages listed in http://temp.knome.fi/docs/docs-popular.html  belong there.

As an example, the [[Xen]] page. All you have to do is place the name of the page after the last right slash in the url:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Xen

That's all, just copy the name of the page from the Tool and past it in the url.

Cheers,
David

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/slickymaster

Follow ups