Re: But 1st, team guidelines(?) [was Re: My Resignation.]

On 02/02/14 15:45, Geoff Smith wrote:
On 02/02/14 14:53, Geoff Smith wrote:
On 02/02/14 14:16, Leigh Tate wrote:
Geoff, you really deserve a lot more credit than you've allowed us to share. NewDocs was your brain child and you worked hard in the formative stages. I know others encouraged and helped, but you did the grunt work. The only reason I got involved was because of you, and because of your gentle, unassuming leadership. You've always led by example, from the doing to the way you've encouraged others to become involved. Your vision was infectious. Your vision has been a success.

There are absolutely no hard feelings toward your resignation on my part. Of course I would encourage you to stay on, even at a lower key. You grasp certain aspects of NewDocs differently than I do or David does. I've relied on that during the times I'm puzzled or uncertain about what I'm doing. But I know it wouldn't be respectful to try to pressure you to stay on. You know your own needs best and I must respect that. Hopefully from time to time you'll still feel like putting your 2 cents worth in. And I hope if you have another of your good ideas you'll share it. All of that would be most welcome! But only at your own pace and as you feel inspired to do so, my friend.

Best wishes,
Leigh
----- Original Message -----
From: Geoff Smith
Sent: 02/01/14 09:13 PM
To: newdocs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Newdocs] But 1st, team guidelines(?) [was Re: My Resignation.]

On 02/02/14 12:54, Geoff Smith wrote: > On 02/02/14 12:22, Geoff Smith wrote: >> On 01/02/14 11:39, Geoff Smith wrote: >>> On 01/02/14 08:35, Geoff Smith wrote: >>>> On 01/02/14 08:29, Svetlana Belkin wrote: >>>>> On 01/31/2014 04:26 PM, Leigh Tate wrote: >>>>>> Good bye Geoff. I respect your decision and wish you well. >>>>> Good-bye Geoff, thanks for your ideas and I also wish you well. >>>>> >>>>> Svetlana Belkin >>>> Thanks to you all, >>>> >>>> Cheers, >>>> Geoff. >>>> >>> It's been nice knowing you David, >>> >>> Cheers, >>> Geoff. >>> >> It was an accumulation of a number of factors that led me to my >> decision. >> >> I am generally disillusioned with the mediocre performance on the >> Wiki thread. >> >> Things just got a bit much for my tired old brain to adequately take >> it all in! >> >> I hope there are no hard feelings as a result of my decision to resign. >> >> The first thing I have thought of in the last two mornings when I >> wake up is NewDocs. >> >> Cheers, >> Geoff. >> > BTW. The reference to the Wiki Thread was the low number of views to > the effort put in. > Thanks for the kind words on the Wiki thread Leigh - I don't expect I will respond there. I didn't expect there would be any avenue for me to have a few words after 2014-02-01 Cheers till I am finally cut off! Geoff. -- Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~newdocs Post to : newdocs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~newdocs More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

I'm afraid the "improvements" for NewDocs are just a little too hard for me to comprehend. You now need robots to carry out the day to day tasks. There is little enjoyment in carrying out these tasks as far as I am concerned. Newdocs used to be much simpler and more enjoyable to carry out the day to day tasks. The latest tool for example turns up with far more prospective pages than is necessary. Well not for me David, I have no desire to plough through rubbish and useless pages to end up with one one two positive examples. So count me out. As I say, you don't need me, you need a robot. I am afraid I have little choice but to resign. I am not prepared to conduct the work as is expected.

Cheers,
Geoff.

I assume that there will be an announcement in the Wiki thread re my resignation (due to dissatisfaction?) That would be nice! I apologize for not addressing your post but at present I feel a little riled. Thank you for your kind words but I suspect that it would be all or nothing for me. There is little room here for this little foot soldier.

Cheers and best wishes,
Geoff.

Actually thinking about things, I believe I would prefer to be sacked.

This situation is really dragging on.

Kindly advise how this desire could best be met!

Cheers,
Geoff.