Re: twisted v. eventlet

I ended up giving an impromptu lightning talk on async network programming
to some folks at local python user group. I introduced twisted via some
examples and then eventlet via the same example. It was clear from the
audience that greenlet style async programming seemed significantly more
approachable.

I realized another significant point in favor of eventlet, is the ability to
utilize pdb in application code. In twisted pdb is fairly useless, in that
any stack trace is shallow to the reactor across a deferred. With eventlet
the entire greenlet callstack is still maintained across switches and
introspectable from pdb.

So fwiw, i've come around from leaning towards twisted, to thinking that a
greenlet approach is probably a good way to go.  What's a little more
unclear is what advantage eventlet has over gevent?

cheers,

Kapil