Re: Data architecture

I did miss some. I guess I need to reread.

Sent from space

On Aug 4, 2010, at 2:19 PM, "Michael Gundlach" <michael.gundlach@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:michael.gundlach@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 2:57 PM, Paul Voccio <<mailto:paul.voccio@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>paul.voccio@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:paul.voccio@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
Shouldn’t the layer be pluggable if I wanted a different datastore?

FYI in case you missed the thread on WSGI, modules, and services: whether the memory were local or in a memcache or otherwise, the layer would be pluggable.  We'll provide a caching library that is a language binding to pluggable cache backends -- mock, local, memcache, or otherwise.  Auth* will have the same structure, allowing mock, LDAP, etc.

So while I don't think the cache should be in-memory as Eric has drawn it, I think pluggability is still assumed in the diagram.

Michael