novacut-community team mailing list archive

Cutting with Novacut 12.03

Well, we did it! As you can see in this
video<https://vimeo.com/groups/novacutartistdiaries/videos/39274653>,
our core cutting workflow is now usable. To be fair, there are still some *
major* rough spots and we recommend you wait till 12.04 to really kick the
tires. But tires *can* be kicked today should you want to.

Special thanks to James
Raymond<https://plus.google.com/u/0/100070870253962033333/posts>for
putting in the epic amount of coding and UI work this month needed to
make this happen!

 <http://cdn.novacut.com/novacut-12.03-1.jpg>

 <http://cdn.novacut.com/novacut-12.03-2.jpg>
Rewards

We haven't forgotten the outstanding Kickstarter rewards, of course.

First, we have the many folks whose names will go on the Novacut website
and in the editor app itself. We've waited to do this because we thought it
would be more meaningful once Novacut was actually usable. We feel Novacut
12.04 is the right milestone, plus it's a special release for us as it
corresponds with the release of Ubuntu 12.04 LTS. (Yes, we copied Ubuntu's
version scheme, hehe.) So during the next month we'll get these backer
lists together and give people the chance to make sure everything is
correct before we publish them at the release of 12.04.

Second, we have the 17 lucky (and generous) people who will be the first to
try real-time collaborative editing with Novacut, during the private beta
of the Novacut cloud services. Realistically, we're probably another 2 or 3
months away from this, but we'll keep you updated as we get closer. We
really appreciate everyone's patience on this, we know it's been a long
haul!

And lastly, a lot of people who chose the 30 minute or hour chat with us
haven't done so yet. If you're not interested, that's perfectly fine. But
if you *are* interested, please let us know! We don't want to loose track
of anyone!
Get the bits

Packages are available in the Novacut Stable Releases
PPA<https://launchpad.net/%7Enovacut/+archive/stable?field.series_filter=precise>for
Ubuntu Oneiric and Precise. And you can download the source code from
each component's Launchpad project page:

   - novacut <https://launchpad.net/novacut>
   - dmedia <https://launchpad.net/dmedia>
   - filestore <https://launchpad.net/filestore>
   - microfiber <https://launchpad.net/microfiber>
   - userwebkit <https://launchpad.net/userwebkit>
   - usercouch <https://launchpad.net/usercouch>
   - dc3 <https://launchpad.net/dc3>

Mark your calendars!

Novacut 12.04 *and* Ubuntu 12.04 LTS will be released on Thursday, April
26, 2012. Expect greatness.