nunit-dev team mailing list archive

Re: Merge Changes Experiment

On Tue, 7 Jul 2009 14:37:40 -0700, "Charlie Poole" <charlie@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Sergey and I have experimented with merging changes using
> the nunit-summary project - http://launchpad.net/nunit-summary.

This is great!  Prepare to be amazed at how your code changes after doing
peer reviews.

> As you can see, I own the project. Sergey branched from it
> and made some changes. His personal branch is at
> http://code.launchpad.net/~sergey.popov/+junk/nunit-summary-psg
>
> He expected to see the "Propose for merging into another branch"
> link but doesn't have it.
>
> Does anyone know why it's not there and what he should do to
> propose a merge? Other than telling me about it, that is.

The problem is that it's a junk branch.  Sergey needs to push to
lp:~sergey.popov/nunit-summary/nunit-summary-psg.  Junk branches should be used
for things that don't have a Launchpad project already.  I use junk branches
when I'm trying out a new idea.  If there's already a project on LP for it,
push there.  Then you'll see "Propose for merging".

Out of curiosity Sergey, what made you think you needed to push a junk branch
in this case?  Is there something unclear here that we need to remedy?

Cheers,
Paul