nunit-dev team mailing list archive

Re: Framework in GAC

> Can there be any problems when someone is working on two projects which
> use different versions of NUnit, and where both projects expect NUnit to
> be in the GAC?

This isn't a problem if 'Specific Version' is set to 'True' on the
'nunit.framework' reference in Visual Studio. This isn't however the
default and I expect many people would forget to change it before
publishing their source.

I always recommend that people include 'nunit.framework.dll' or link
to it in their test projects. This way their source will compile first
time without needing to distribute .csproj.user files or having a
dependency on the NUnit installer.

Regards,
Jamie.

--