openerp-community-committers team mailing list archive

New addons branch

I've just created the community addons branch here:

https://code.launchpad.net/~openerp-community-committers/openobject-addons/5.0

By now it's plain addons but we all agree we will start merging our branch.
Because several fixes have not been applied yet to official branch but they've
been in production in several customers for weeks. Some details here:

http://www.nan-tic.com/new-branches

I'm sure others also have well-tested uncommited patches which you could start
committing there.

But even before we start with it, maybe we should have some kind of policy for
fixes. Do you have some ideas?

I think we should only apply bugfixes and I'd suggest that it should be a must
that each commit has its related bug report in associated with it. This way we
ensure it's easier for OpenERP sa (and the rest of us) to understand what's
going on in the branch and it makes it clearer that it's not a fork but a
branch with fixes not yet in the official branch.

Comments?

--
Albert Cervera i Areny
http://www.NaN-tic.com