openerp-community-committers team mailing list archive

Re: How to deal with bugs, bugreports and projects?

A Dijous, 18 de novembre de 2010, Jan Verlaan - Veritos va escriure:
> Regarding Q2 and Q3
> I have created in launchpad a project
> https://launchpad.net/community-addons
> where the community-commiters
> https://launchpad.net/~openerp-community-committers
> are the maintainer and driver.
>
> This project "mirrors" the master branche
> https://code.launchpad.net/~openerp-community-committers/openobject-addons/
> 5.0
> <https://code.launchpad.net/%7Eopenerp-community-committers/openobject-add
> ons/5.0>. **
> This way we can assign reported bugs also to our project and handle
> there status separately from openerp sa.
> See example in https://bugs.launchpad.net/community-addons/+bug/671172
> If bugs are coming in into our project we can reassign to openerp sa too.
>
> We can also make use of all the other options in a project.
> I think my questions are answered/solved now. Please feel free to
> comment and help with further setup of the project place.

How will end users decide the appropriate project to report the bug report to?
What if we use a couple of tags in existing bug reports: "fixedincommunity" and
"communityonly". That way, OpenERP sa can easily search all bug reports that
have been fixed in our branch.