a new Community Team

Hello everybody,

My name is Julien Thewys and I have just been working on the new
communication process here at Tiny. Olivier Dony and I set up a new team
that will focus on the community and its ever evolving challenges. The
responsibility of this team is to be the link between Tiny and the
community. We are very excited to share with you what has been keeping
us busy!

      * We are defining clearer points of contact for the community. We
        already agreed on the following ones:
              * The Quality Team is responsible of merging contributions
                and managing releases. This team will be ready starting
                from 8 February; we will let you know how to contact
                them.
              * The Community Team is in charge of mediating in the
                community and enhancing processes. We are talking to you
                right now! Please join us on the community mailing list.
      * The overhaul of the communication process is ongoing. We just
        opened two dedicated Twitter accounts: one for OpenERP, one for
        OpenObject. Also, our website will experience an appropriate
        redesign to accommodate the community needs.
      * We are planning community meetings more frequently. Just to
        remind you, the next on-site community meeting is held on 23 and
        24 March, while the next IRC meeting is planned for the 12th
        February. The list of topics to be discussed has already been
        added to the wiki (this list is still open).
      * Bugs and wishlists have been followed with a particular
        attention recently: we are addressing more than 85% of them and
        we are determined to do even better very soon.
      * We have been concentrating on enhancing the documentation: we
        are currently tuning the Technical Memo (here is a draft, your
        suggestions are welcome) and there is an e-learning resource
        site in preparation.

Of course, we are always open to suggestions. Feel free to let us know
what is on your mind and how you envision an even brighter OpenERP
community. Many thanks to Raphaël Valyi for his great article in this
regard.

Stay tuned, we have lots of cool stuffs for the forthcoming weeks.

Note: We would appreciate if you could help us making a survey about the
communication. Can you provide some concise and relevant questions? (for
example: what are the preferred channels of communication: mailing list,
blog, twitter, irc,...?) Thanks to all!

--
Julien Thewys
OpenERP