Re: a new Community Team

Hi Julien, community,

this is good news and in general I guess you did send your message just in time.
As always announcing is step one, execution of what is announced is step 2.
We could see the first steps and I'm excited about the next steps that will follow definitely. I have hope now.

You did ask for suggestions,
well, could we have a look at "translations", per default a community task.

From september 2009 till now Tiny is working on the technical process of managing translations
in OpenERP and launchpad/Rosetta.
We determined because of missing one day our translations done. https://bugs.launchpad.net/openobject-addons/+bug/439241
Ok, a mistake can happen and we will translate again.
Due to the fact that all kind of things changed inhere last month, having 2 different behaviors for stable and trunk now, I would appreciate very very much that someone at Tiny will outline the new situation we have to the community. e.g. write a small document for translation teams how to technically do the translations.

Right now I'm not sure I do understand how we should translate for stable and trunk. Which possibilities do we have; e.g. delivering with module and uploading with lp, downloading po files and uploading again after translation, translating in webinterface of lp,
automatic synchronizing between trunk and stable? or do we merge manually?
I guess I'm not alone here.

With kind regards,
Jan Verlaan