Re: a new Community Team

Hi,
This is great new for community. See changes...
I like very much your new Technical Memo, having this before would have spared me a lot of time, of searching how thing works.

Questions for survey could be:
Are you kept well informed about community work plan and progress ?
Are you kept well informed about Tiny work plan and progress ?
How satisfied are you with the amount of quality of communications over OpenObject?

For communication channel the best one for me is Blog, it's easy to see all content related to a subject and you can add images and other multimedia thing. It's quite easy to follow with some RSS channel. And looking for something in the past is easy too.

IRC is good for meeting. Twitter maybe useful to announce quick change in development or who is gonna work on a feature. (coding)

What is lacking to OpenObject is a roadmap, to understand who is doing what and what feature is short coming planned. Something to drive the community resource.

Regards,
Nicolas De Smet

Julien Thewys wrote:
Hello everybody,

My name is Julien Thewys and I have just been working on the new communication process here at Tiny. Olivier Dony <http://odony.wordpress.com/> and I set up a new team that will focus on the community and its ever evolving challenges. The responsibility of this team is to be the link between Tiny and the community. We are very excited to share with you what has been keeping us busy!

    * We are defining clearer points of contact for the community. We
      already agreed on the following ones:
          o The Quality Team is responsible of merging contributions and
            managing releases. This team will be ready starting from 8
            February; we will let you know how to contact them.
          o The Community Team is in charge of mediating in the
            community and enhancing processes. We are talking to you
            right now! Please join us on the community mailing list
<https://launchpad.net/%7Eopenerp-community>. * The overhaul of the communication process is ongoing. We just
      opened two dedicated Twitter accounts: one for OpenERP, one for
      OpenObject. Also, our website will experience an appropriate
      redesign to accommodate the community needs.
    * We are planning community meetings more frequently. Just to remind
      you, the next on-site community meeting is held on 23 and 24
      March, while the next IRC meeting is planned for the 12th
      February. The list of topics to be discussed has already been
      added to the wiki (this list is still open).
    * Bugs and wishlists have been followed with a particular attention
      recently: we are addressing more than 85% of them
      <https://bugs.launchpad.net/openobject> and we are determined to
      do even better very soon.
    * We have been concentrating on enhancing the documentation: we are
      currently tuning the Technical Memo (here is a draft
      <http://www.openobject.com/memento/MementoOpenERP_v0.6_A4.pdf>,
      your suggestions are welcome) and there is an e-learning resource
site in preparation. Of course, we are always open to suggestions. Feel free to let us know what is on your mind and how you envision an even brighter OpenERP community. Many thanks to Raphaël Valyi for his great article <http://www.akretion.com/en/blog/2009/12/28/scaling-openerps-community-to-the-world/> in this regard.

Stay tuned, we have lots of cool stuffs for the forthcoming weeks.

Note: We would appreciate if you could help us making a survey about the communication. Can you provide some concise and relevant questions? (for example: what are the preferred channels of communication: mailing list, blog, twitter, irc,...?) Thanks to all!

--
Julien Thewys
OpenERP