Re: Unmutable defaults

On 12/03/10 11:00, "Borja López Soilán (Pexego)" wrote:
> It would be useful to include some of such best practices in the
> technical memento (http://www.openobject.com/memento/).

It's out of the scope of the technical memento, which is mainly a quick
reference of the API (and the list is too long anyway)

> Also it would be great if the memento was easier to reach from the
> documentation page :)

We will make the technical memento more visible as soon as we reach an
agreement with a paper-version publisher, and resolve licensing issues.
Sorry about that, it's really still a draft document.

> Newbies to OpenObject learn from the code already present on OpenERP.
> If we don't start fixing it (it doesn't need to be at once, but it
> must be done), we will be copying&pasting such anti-patterns again
> and again until the OpenERP code base becomes a big "WTFITS".

Indeed, and if you read my post again, I'm not saying we don't need to
fix it, I'm saying that if you have some time to review the code, I'd
rather see you fix the other much worse anti-patterns first, and this
one afterwards. This will be more beneficial for newcomers as well.

--
Olivier Dony

begin:vcard
fn:Olivier Dony
n:Dony;Olivier
org:OpenERP Belgium
adr;quoted-printable:;;Chauss=C3=A9e de Namur, 40;Grand-Rosiere;;1367;Belgium
email;internet:odo@xxxxxxxxxxx
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.openerp.com
version:2.1