Re: LP bug status

The same problem happened to me when tracking and solving a bug on the account_payment_extension module.

I think that, sooner or latter, we will need to migrate these modules from the (now deprecated) extra-addons branch to new feature/module-specific repositories. Otherwise we won't be able to properly maintain the community-supported modules.

The problem I see is that currently we seem to lack tools to manage the transition.

(Suppose we move out a module from extra-addons into another branch: when the users pull the last version of extra-addons they will just see that the module is missing, but they don't have an automated way to find and download the new version. Yes, they may go to http://apps.openerp.com/ search the module, find on what repository it is, clone/branch that repository and add it to the addons path on the OpenERP configuration... Now think again: what does happen if all the modules from extra-addons are moved out? what does it happen with module-dependencies?...)

I think we need either command-line tools or OpenERP wizards able to resolve and download module dependencies (some kind of "apt-get" or "easy_install" for OpenERP 'apps'). Does somebody know if such tools are planned?