Von: openerp-community-bounces+office=conexus.at@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:openerp-community-bounces+office=conexus.at@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] Im Auftrag von Fabien Pinckaers
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 11. Oktober 2012 10:15
An: openerp-community@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Betreff: Re: [Openerp-community] GTK client in v7

Hello Lionel,

I fully agree. The best we can do now is to focus all our efforts to ensure that the OpenERP web client is robust and clean enough for everyone's requirements.

As we plan to release v7.0 before the end of the year, we need more people to test the web client and report bugs or, better, merge proposals.

We have identified the following issues to fix in the v7.0 web client before releasing:
  http://pad.openerp.com/p/r.9y5mpNIbK3LOHTpR

We also still have to following tasks in progress on the web client:
  - clean timesheet widget ala harvest (should be merged next week)
  - clean the design (CSS stuff)
  - make it faster and avoid double rendering
  - open chatter fixes and improvements (in a separate branch
    currently, should be merged next week)
  - make it compatible with IE and firefox
  - clean and fix editable lists
  - monetary widget (should be merged today)
  - about 25 merge props on LP to review

Yesterday, we merged the new CSV import system, using the base_import module. That would be great also if some contributors can help us test this new import wizard. (you need to install the base_import module to test)

Thanks,

On 10/11/2012 09:53 AM, Lionel Sausin wrote:
> Hi,
> [This is going off-topic, so let's change the "subject" of emails so
> others can jump in.]
>
> By now, I suggest we file bugs against the web client regarding each
> of these missing functionalities.
>
> I suppose the GTK is going to become a "niche" client like koo or the
> text-based client (no offense intended, I work in a niche too). They
> do have their use-cases, so it's great if the community improves them,
> but clearly GTK won't be mainstream anymore in v7, because the web
> client has lots of good stuff.
>
> Lionel Sausin.
>
> Le 10/10/2012 16:23, Normunds Vilcans a écrit :
>> 100% agree!!!
>> Normunds
>>
>> On 10/10/2012 10:45 AM, Niels Huylebroeck wrote:
>>>
>>> We personally chose openerp because it had this 'fat' desktop client.
>>> While we can understand the choice of openerp sa. to only develop
>>> the web client we still consider the client a viable option, even
>>> with the trunk version today there is still functionality missing
>>> from web client that has been present in gtk client since v4.

>> --
>>
>> Normunds Vilcans
>> Alistek, SIA
>> Tel: +371 67964296