Re: Analysing deeply WebClient 7.0 WAS::::: proposal to discuss forking of OpenERP GTK client

Oook. Oliver.

As always excellent.

2012/10/15 Olivier Dony <odo@xxxxxxxxxxx>

> On 10/15/2012 04:20 PM, Nhomar Hernández wrote:
> >     5. don't understand your question; tabs are the same in web and GTK ?
> >

> > Tabs, i mean, click and open in a new tab (browser tab) without reload
> entire
> > client or click and open an internal tab (as GTK does) i think both are
> needed.
>
> Various alternative for web tabs were already developed by the community,
> have
> a look:
>
> https://code.launchpad.net/~h-jaroslav/openerp-web/openerp-web/+merge/120143
> (See the MP review, we said we'd welcome this as a module in the core)

This, dont you think is better if you put this code where you think it must
be done, than ask for it as a module, the main issue there is that i know
we can introduce a lot of layout issues in client, and if it is part of the
core, we can manage it so better, it is just an idea i think.,

In other hands, it is an implementation for V6.1, for V7.0 it is other
history, or not?

If our friend  ENAPPS :: Jaroslav Shumlyansky<https://launchpad.net/~h-jaroslav>
 o   can share with us them plans all community can help, but i think is
easyiest if OpenERP take the concept and include on V7 but as always it is
just an idea, probably we can in config user screen a boolean, Use tabs or
Not. ;-)

> >     6. Already implemented
> >

> > Can you tell me the index of shortcuts, i can read the code, where i
> look from,
> > because i can not even test ctrl+N in several browsers it it a new
> windows not
> > a new record on OpenERP
>
> It was done by the community (and merged) using the standard API for
> accessibility shortcuts on the web. Have a look at the merge proposal:
>
> https://code.launchpad.net/~therp-nl/openerp-web/openerp-web_accesskeys/+merge/118515

Testing.

a bug found:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/openerp-web/+bug/1067133

But i see the patch is so easy implement, Is this better option propose a
merge, right?, just FYI i will test 100% of GTK acces keys, because if we
have already tested and trained users, is easyiest say... @All in GTK works
about keys, just change ctrl by alt+shift@, and the users will test all of
them.

> > 11 .- Inheritance, today we have and scheme of inheritance on views
> really
> > powerfull, i mean, today it works Pivote [xpath] > New Field(s)
> Declaration >
> > REady! ,
> > now all is pointed to web using a REALLY bad documented qWeb enviroment
> (not
> > external libraries as lxlml to solve issues)
>
> I think you're confusing different kinds of views. Regular OpenERP views
> like
> inheritance mechanism) in 7.0. The only difference is you can add a
> version="7.0" attribute to enable "XHTML" mode on a form view. It will
> allow
> you to add extra HTML5 elements to your form, in order to get more flexible
> layout, while still using the normal notebook/group/field elements as much
> as
> possible. This has nothing to do with qweb/kanban views, however.

Ready, i see what i was not understanding, cool, it is possible, i will try
som PoC to be sure the power is well implemented. "Looking as always broke
it ;-)"

> > QUESTIONS:
> > how it will work for future?,
> > a.- can you make an example how with 10 lines of XML code i can add one
> field
> > to Kanban as we did before in all views?
>
> Kanban views were added in 6.1 and are different from regular form views
> (this
> is not new in 7.0) Their layout is completely dynamic and may change from
> one
> record to another (more than what attrs would allow). They may render to
> any
> kind of XHTML, and have direct access to the javascript record object that
> was
> loaded (result of read()). That's why they are defined in qweb, the
> templating
> language used for web widgets. You could see kanban view as special web
> widget
> to display records.
>
> OpenERP's view inheritance mechanism is based exclusively on XHTML
> elements, so
> kanban views can be inherited exactly as any other view. You'll find many
> examples in official addons, like this one in project_issue where the
> project
> kanban view is inherited twice:
>
> http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~openerp/openobject-addons/trunk/view/head:/project_issue/project_issue_view.xml#L373
>

> > I mean, in Vauxoo we have +400 free modules, most of them localization
> and
> > improvement in important business stuff, i want dedicate the next 2 years
> > step by step to migrate them and be prepared to impact as less as i can
> to our
> > customers in what cost refers, and be able to offer as much OpW as i can.
>
> I'm not sure I 100% understand. It's great to see you want to embrace the
> web
> client, but there's really no need to plan for extra large work in your
> custom
> modules.
> There will be no more work to migrate them than for any major version
> jump: the
> API is backwards compatible, you only need to test your modules under v7.0
> and
> fine-tune them (L&F, core model changes, etc.), just like any migration.
> Or get our migration team to do it for you, really there's not much to it.

Basically, we have several mixed modules, in production all of them in
different clients, i must be sure all is fine, offering serives obviously,
but as you know is better do it step byt step, than expect 2 month before
the approval to doit.

> And when your customers start asking for the new features you can start
> using
> them, like search views or group_by that were introduced in 6.0, kanban
> in 6.1, but are not required until you need them.

Yep i see, it is right.

As always Oliver.... You are the best/. Thanks

--
--------------------
Saludos Cordiales

Nhomar G. Hernandez M.