Re: Problem with recreating standard-data

I don't agree with you! Not all object can be disabled! What do you
propose to do with the product categories? If you delete one of it (many
of our customers delete the categors "All Products") you will find it
again in your ERP after updating the module. Deleted data have to be
deleted!

If the ERP gets buggy when you delete the 'worng' data is in my oppinion
an huge issue!

What do you tell your customers?

Am 16.10.2012 15:14, schrieb Humberto Arocha:

> Deleting should come as a last resource measure, if you do not want to
have that "useless" data, you should deactive it, that is What best
practice mandates, no record should be deleted,

> Regarding ORM control over this issues would be a waste of time and
money, would it worth?

> Regarding documentation, this is not a tuna can or a microwave oven,
which you buy at the grocery store, and come with directions,

> The Day OPENERP comes with a book of how-to's, I'll take my suitcases
and say good bye because there will be no more space for me as an open
source Partner in here, because that Day openerp will on close source code,

> Openerp is plenty of information and documentation on its code lines,
>
> Would you say, Aha! What about me as a partner I should have those
docs as a prime time because I am at partner, well, let me say it, and I
will be tougher, you have not understood the openerp business model, and
again this is not a tuna can,

> Openerp takes in charge of R&D, marketing, we, as partners, take in
charge of the convincing the costumer this platform, this "perfectly
unfinish product" is the right choice for them, we are in charge of
keeping well acknowledged, this we keep competitive toward other
partner, if just buying documentation is the way for me keeping
competitive, then again we are using the wrong platform,