Re: [Openerp-expert-framework] New Community Organization for OpenERP

On 11/16/2012 07:32 PM, Ovnicraft wrote:
On Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 1:09 PM, Olivier Dony <odo@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 11/16/2012 06:57 PM, Joël Grand-Guillaume wrote:

@ovnicraft: I think we cannot do this without OpenERP agreement as they
publish that on doc.openerp.com => @odony, did you confirm ?

Indeed I'd rather avoid fragmenting the documentation.

I'm copying the main contents of Joel's mail to the documentation in the
Contribute chapter, to use as as a starting point.

Well my point, is about to get a better documentation, openobject-doc is a
good branch but hard to maintain in translation process.

The idea for the future is to keep that openobject-doc branch for user/functional documentation, but move all technical documentation next to the code, where it will be more maintained (i.e. in a doc/ subdirectory in the openobject-server, openobject-addons and openerp-web projects).

There is no translation process foreseen for the documentation that will be in the source code, because it is full of technical terms and meant for developers, so translations would have little added value.

This is still a work-in-progress, but you have started to see the results in the trunk source code.