Re: New Community Organization for OpenERP

For creating a library of functional complementary modules, it is necessary to assess each and every new module. It will raise the bar for newcomers. Then again, there is nothing against making a nice set of complementary modules. But it should not be mandatory.

Some advice: Make such module selection crowd based. Publish new modules or new ideas for new modules (from merges between modules?) and let the community vote. Then the reviewers and/or mergers will have something better to go on than just their own idea of reality. When new modules are delivered for the team, the original author can decide upfront if he or she is willing to participate in such a selection/merge process. Scrum based coordination is a natural partner for such a process (ideas as backlog, priority crowd selected).

Then again, what to do when an original author refuses to participate or bow for the crowd? Shut the doors? Throw it all away?
You can't cover all possibilities, but you have to cover the most probable.

'Nough said...
--
Pieter J. Kersten
EduSense B.V.