Re: About states different to EEUU.

Well.

with http://www.geonames.org/about.html

Even the geoengine module will be improved ;-)

IMHO with this kind of thing available we just need to develop a module
that interconect with this open API.

Asking what country do you want to load and ready to go....

Openerp, should accept this as part of the core, or we will make a
community ones, just waiting for OpenERP opinion..

Because if OpenERP make them own way we will duplicate efforts.

2012/12/8 Oszckar Alcala Rivera <oscarolar@xxxxxxxxxxx>

> Nhomar, you have a great and simple inititative here  (as always), IMHO  I
> believe we should focus on a module called something like
> "states_installer" nor in separate modules with XML data, Since OpenERP 7
>  now downloads modules from the app center, we should do something like
> that, take a look at this
>
> http://download.geonames.org/export/dump/
>
> this is a daily build of all Countries with cities, every one in its
> native language,
>
> a wget or something like that on  a .py maybe?
>

> ------------------------------
> Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2012 17:33:43 +1000
> From: mark.n.oellermann@xxxxxxxxx
> CC: openerp-community@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: [Openerp-community] About states different to EEUU.
>

> Australia, Brazil and Chile (states/regions) here...

--------------------
Saludos Cordiales

Nhomar G. Hernandez M.
+58-414-4110269