Re: What to do about *_layout in 7?

On 08/10/12 17:46, Olivier Dony wrote:

The plan is:
- line ordering enabled by default without needing an extra module
- line ordering propagates throughout the workflow by default
- multi-line/complex description allowed for each line by default, reducing the
need for notes/titles/etc
- nothing planned to replace subtotals/title/etc.

Hi again,

I just did a quick test last night of the trunk build and my careful ordering of a sale.order was not propagated to a Delivery Note. I will assume in that case that it will also not get propagated to an Invoice.

I'd also like to make an observation regarding the facility to add multi-line comments on a Quote... From my tests I could include markup, html or wiki, so this might be useful for an advanced reporting tool like Aeroo or Webkit.

One disappointing aspect though is that these notes/comment lines do not get propagated to the DN. If you are shipping a large order and need to make comments or identify blocks of products within a shipment this make OpenERP very hard to use for my customers.

Anyway - 7 is looking pretty good but I came across 2 nasty bugs (already added on LP) last night which suggest to me that it isn't really ready for release yet...

Cheers

Al