Re: Seeking clarification on reconciliation functionality in 7.0

On 01/21/2013 10:40 AM, Colin Mollenhour wrote:
We are perfectly willing to contribute to OSS, but when we're on such a
crunched timeline to migrate we can't spend months implementing missing
features and if we move to a different platform then there is no reason
for us to contribute to one we aren't using.

If the discussion can come to a consensus on the proper solution for this problem, there might be people coming out of the woodwork to implement this. NPG had something for 6.0 [1], but since it wasn't ever updated or adopted upstream, it seems abandoned.

As the discussion stands now, I'm not even really sure there's acknowledgement that this is a problem that needs fixing, and much less that there's any consensus on how it should be fixed. That makes it unlikely anyone will step forward with a solution, knowing that their time may be wasted in doing so.

[1] http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~npgllc/npg-addons/6.0/files/head:/npg_bank_account_reconciliation/