Re: IMPORTANT: OpenERP v7 and company contacts management

On Fri, Apr 5, 2013 at 4:51 PM, Ray Carnes <rcarnes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Invoices for Contacts will cause problems for my customers.
>

> If that is happening I want it fixed and can get them to all log the same
> bug.
>

> I can’t get OpenERP to Invoice a contact?  How can I reproduce this so I
> can ask them to report it?
>

> Ray.

Ray, it's exactly what I meant by
"they started changing the code to at least associate the accounting moves
to the company and not to the contact"

you account.invoice object really has "foo (compX)" in its partner_id. That
is if you group or analyse invoices by partner. foo and bar two contacts of
compX won't be grouped together. If you want to create an arbitrary payment
from compX and then relate it so some of the opened invoices it ill be
harder.
Now, yes, in order the bug to be less manifest, they indeed changed the
accounting move generation to relate them to compX instead of foo. That is
at least confirmed receivable from foo and compX are correct.
Now, if you read carefully what I'v written they fixed only a little part
of the problem.

Further Nhomar stated:
https://www.evernote.com/shard/s158/sh/40828d76-d94a-4f44-bdb5-9c0336f55a52/fe43fe77c401e9f3bdf95982a4b0a878
"6.A.-
Inconsistency, and bad approach, the partner_id in the invoice MUST be the
same of the account move line." which is what we have here.
If you have report that try to plan you cash management not only based on
the existing moves but also based on draft invoices or even confirmed
purchase or sale orders. Then you won't be able to analyse this by customer
or supplier properly.
This is what I call a terrible shot in the feet for reporting for no
usability benefit compared to the solution I proposed instead.

Is there more doubt? What about you tax collection in the USA given this is
really "foo" the contact on your invoice? Are you able to apply the proper
account matching? For intrastat invoices in Europe or invoices in a Brazil
this doesn't work today if you invoice a contact as the system let's you do
or even does for you such as in this case.

So what do you think?

--
Raphaël Valyi
Founder and consultant