Re: IMPORTANT: OpenERP v7 and company contacts management

you account.invoice object really has "foo (compX)" in its partner_id.

Yes, but only if you don’t link the lead to a  Customer and have OpenERP
create one for you.

partner_id of *contact* stored in database for invoice. [account_invoice]
as well as for opportunity. [crm_lead]; quote/sale. [sale_order] and
[sale_order_line]; delivery. [stock_picking]; stock move. [stock_move];

if you group or analyse invoices by partner. foo and bar two contacts of
compX won't be grouped together.

Yes - this is what I observe also.  If OpenERP would not let you sell to
Contacts at companies, this problem would go away also I think.   Strictly
B2B or B2C, not a combination of selling to a contact at a business – which
causes the problem.

they indeed changed the accounting move generation to relate them to compX
instead of foo

Yes - this is what I observe also.

partner_id of *company* stored in database for journal items.
[account_move_line]

partner_id of *company* stored in database for journal entry. [account_move]

That is at least confirmed receivable from foo and compX are correct.

Yes - this is what I observe also.

the partner balance of the *company* is for the invoice amount.

the partner balance of the *contact* is 0.

If you want to create an arbitrary payment from compX and then relate it so
some of the opened invoices it will be harder.

I didn’t have a problem with a payment from the Invoice (*company* makes
the payment, not the contact) or with an arbitrary payment (including when
I created other open invoices for the *company* – all open invoices were
shown).

when the *company* partner_id is entered to make a payment, the open
invoice from the contact is listed.

when the *contact *partner_id is entered to make a payment, no invoices are
shown.

If you have report that try to plan you cash management not only based on
the existing moves but also based on draft invoices or even confirmed
purchase or sale orders. Then you won't be able to analyse this by customer
or supplier properly.

Yes - this is what I observe also.  Get around this by not selling to
contacts.

So what do you think?

I need to do some more research.  If I stop Invoices from being created for
Contacts in the first place, the problems won’t be problems.  I read that
Fabien thinks this is incorrect, but it would be easier to add an
‘ATTENTION: CONTACT NAME’ line on the PDF than to refactor the searching
and grouping.

Ray.