Task Scheduling Algorithms

Hello OpenERP list,

As you probably know, task scheduling and resource leveling require some
typical algorithms. There's no general purpose library for that, and
each project management app has its own code for them.

But in practice, putting aside minor implementation details, we all want
the same algorithm for the same purpose. So I was thinking, why
re-invent the wheel?

OpenERP is not written for small teams. Using it requires a setup and
getting used to the way it works. So naturally, users who work alone, or
small teams which can't afford their own server, use some other simple
personal solution for task and project management.

And still, the algorithm is the same algorithm. So I had an idea: write
a general purpose library for PERT and CPM related algorithms. The
question is:

Does OpenERP have a public document explaining the algorithms it uses?
These would make the writing of an algorithm library much easier.

regards,
Anatoly

Follow ups