Re: OpenERP Apps v7.0 is live

Hi moises,

On 13/08/13 07:52, Moises Lopez wrote:

Hello Oliver & Fabien,
This is a great idea!!
Congratulations!!
I have a question.
The l10n_mx modules for electronic invoice modules exists depends to install aditional software e.g. openssl, xsltproc...

We can't test in runbot.openerp.com <http://runbot.openerp.com>

Yes, that is in our "very long" todo list. In the future, it would be great to have all community modules directly available in runbot. This would allow to test them automatically (and mark them red/green in apps) and have a plateform where people can test these modules without installing them.

We can't install this modules directly from the apps

Yes, you can but you will have to install extra dependencies (openssl, xsltproc) manually. For now on, we prefer something simple and not try to manage extra lib dependencies because it's too different from one plateform to another (and also depends a lot on users access rights on its operating system)

May be it's worth splitting modules so that those dependencies are not in l10n_mx but in l10n_mx_legal_int (or something like that). Or make these dependencies optional (it works without, but if you click on a button that requires these lib, you get an alert popup)

The end-user can't use this modules in OpenERP-SAAS

For now on, we have no plan to integrate community modules in the SaaS. There are too much risks; security, bugfixes, performance, ... We will probably have to handle this in the future, but not within the next 6 months.

We (community) should find a way of fix it (We don't know how fix it).

You can help on:
- adapt your modules so that extra dependencies as not required (just required for one particular feature)
  - register your modules and create clean manifests
- we can give rights to some people who can "manage" all branches to help community members clean their branches structure and ensure that everything is registered correctly in apps - for runbot, you can propose improvements yourself, the code is on launchpad

Do you have any idea for this situation?