Re: Anyone playing with OpenERP CMS branch trunk-website-al ?

I pressed the Send button accidently.

> Raphael, we are very near to release something great for CMS & eCommerce. We expect to do the first release before one month.

Two months, not one

> I wonder if we should not join effort instead of working in different directions.

If you have CMS/eCommerce/blogs/events projects, I am convinced you should move to the trunk-website-al; it's so disruptive that any other similar project will not get success because far less powerful.

As the project is huge and critical for the future of openerp, it would be great to have contributors like you on it.

>> But I'm sure we will find possible synergies in the backend with what OpenERP SA is doing for v8. In any case, things like Magento or Prestashop and co aren't any exemplar either in term of scalability, so there is probably still room for that OpenERP integrated ecommerce.

Open Source CMS are seriously outdated (drupal, joomla or wordpress) It tooks us 3 months of dev to release our preceeding website on drupal and 4 months for the v6 one on joomla. With trunk-website-al, we can do the same website in less than 2 days!

Most open source ecommerce are bloated. They are complex and don't manage business (taxes, pricelists, fiscal positions...)

Interfaces between ecommerce and business apps are extremely expensive.

So, there is a huge opportunity for a new alternative with a simpler solution that manages all enterprise needs out-of-the-box.