Re: [Merge] lp:~vauxoo/openerp-product-attributes/7.0-prod_vol_weight-dev-humbertoarocha into lp:openerp-product-attributes

I have  two use cases for storing product dimensions:

1. we can recommend to the picker which packaging to choose when fulfilling an order based on the items to be packed.. (aka box packing algorithm)

we also estimate packed weights using product weights

2. some products are in a packaging that is ready to ship. i.e. there's no need to put these items into a master container for shipping. These products are flagged 'ship without repacking' and their weights and dims are automatically used in the shipment parameters e.g. 5 gallon pails of tattoo ink

definitely need units of measure for both product dimensions and weight

cm/kg or in/lbs are the most common combinations I am familiar with.