Re: XMLRPC : special method for raw SQL instead of search + read ?

I agree.  A database user is a better choice in this instance since it is
easier to understand the effective permissions of that user. I think it is
dangerous to encourage queries at the ORM level that bypass all safety
checks the ORM provides. If we do this, we then have very little idea what
a user can and cannot do via XMLRPC. Raw SQL can be extremely useful but
also very dangerous. By creating a separate database user, you _explicitly_
define that user's level of access to the database. Thus, there is no
surprise when an intern accidentally drops the entire database because you
handed him a root PostgreSQL account. :)

On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 8:57 AM, Nicolas Bessi <nicolas.bessi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx