Re: Proposal to improve communication and make more efficient the inclusion of new branches.

Le 23/10/2013 01:03, Nhomar Hernández a écrit :
> Hello.
Hello,

> In the las days, we are seeing a really big increase in the proposal
> to include new branchs/modules on the Community / OCA branches.
>
> It is one of the best moments of the community, we must continue in
> this way.
I'm happy to see that. It proves that community has a good future !

> BTW, when thing start to become big, we need to act fast, then, I
> propose that the inclusion of Modules/Branches should be followed by
> an explanation in a correct way, in the MP or in the Commit Message
> .... or in the OCA site </bestoption I think>
I think it's a good way to document all new proposals and know why we
include this module in this project.

> But as everybody know the "Correct" way can be subjective, to avoid
> this subectivity, I propose use a "Format" already known may be
> modigied with our reality, it is the format that the Python Foundation
> use:
>
> Here an example really new:
>
> http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0453/
I read this. But, who should write these documents ? I don't think that
the community has time to write these things. May be some developers
will develop their own branches to avoid to write these documents before
asking for a merge. And we could lost some good modules…
We shouldn't make the new comers afraid because of that.

The format to respect is IMHO too complicated according to our
community. The OpenERP community is not larger as Python community… If
the community is agree with this concept, we should make a simplest
"format".

> Before end I just want to say it is just an Idea, if we have a
> agreement, We can invest more time in investigate more deeply, what
> Tools/Concepts/Formats/Process should be involved, and share with you
> our conclusions.

I let other community members to give their point of view, because I
think it's an important thing but we can't made a mistake on this if we
want that all of us (and new comers) respect this "format".

Quentin THEURET
TeMPO Consulting