Re: Inactive modules in v7 Community branches

Hello,

Apps will help you be aware that the module existed on a previous version and was not upgraded.

I'm in favor of the .inactive, but it has to be documented.

Maxime Chambreuil
+1 (514) 276-5468 #126

----- Mail original -----

Hi,

Just want to raise a point here. If we did it like this, the main reason I remember was to be able to actually BE AWARE of the existing module (even if not ported).

The risk of doing so is that people may be tempted to code a new module that may have existed on previous version just because he hasn't check the .inactive folder... Setting them as installable =False has the advantage of let people know about it...

Any other though here ?