Re: openerp-connector and elasticsearch

On 11/25/2013 12:08 PM, Rodrigue Villetard wrote:

Hi everyone,

I am currently trying out the openerp-connector (it looks very nice by
the way, kudos to all contributors). My willing is to sync all products
to an elasticsearch database.

I’m using the  prestashop connector  (within the on line guide) as a
sample and it seems that the sync is done only when a product is CRUDed
and I’ve not found an implemented way to sync all the products with one
job.

Is it because it is not a good idea, or because it is not useful within
the prestashop scope?

Well, I am a bit confused toward the best way for implementing a full
products export to the elastic search db:

Should I implement manually the export or am I missing a whole
functionality already existing that I can use?

best regards,
Rodrigue

Hi,

I don't know for indexes such as ElasticSearch, but at least for e-commerce shops, it is a bad idea to export all the products at once: if an export of a product fails, your export could be blocked / stopped in the middle. Having a job per product to export is a way to ensure atomicity of the tasks.

Having jobs triggered on events is also a way to export only the new / modified products, instead of pushing the whole catalog each time.

Now, if you want to do 1 job for all the products, you can create your own 'ConnectorUnit' class which takes a list of ids instead of an ID.

Best,

--
Guewen Baconnier
Business Solutions Software Developer