webapp
  |--> readonly solr or elasticsearch
|--> very little django based rest api for managing baskets, auth and so on
               |--> openerp

I’ve forked solerp (my github account is gorghoa), and will read it and evaluate it against my needs very soon.

Thank you for your advices,

best regards,
Rodrigue

On 2013-11-25 12:33, Raphael Valyi wrote:
On Mon, Nov 25, 2013 at 9:08 AM, Rodrigue Villetard
<rodrigue.villetard@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi everyone,

I am currently trying out the openerp-connector (it looks very nice by the way, kudos to all contributors). My willing is to sync all products to an elasticsearch database.

I’m using the  prestashop connector  (within the on line guide) as a sample and it seems that the sync is done only when a product is CRUDed and I’ve not found an implemented way to sync all the products with one job.

Is it because it is not a good idea, or because it is not useful within the prestashop scope?

Well, I am a bit confused toward the best way for implementing a full products export to the elastic search db:

Hello Rodrigue,

It's not ElasticSearch, but it's close: I developed a connector from
OpenERP to Apache SolR:
https://github.com/akretion/solerp/tree/master/solerp [1]

It's based on the new CampToCamp connector frameworkd too, it should
be updated a bit to follow the latest API changes from the connector,
but that should be straightforward (and I'll do it soon).
It's used in production since 2 months in a website with approaching
1 millions of products in catalog and with 2600 visits (all hitting
Apache SolR) a day theses days (it should increase a lot).

So in case you can make it with Apache SolR instead of ElasticSearch,
feel free to join forces.

The connector only focus in getting OpenERP object indexed (product
catalog and m2o objects in my case). It doesn't implement search from
within OpenERP today, instead it's assuming you search from the
website instead, which is probably what you want in Prestashop.

The website I developed it for use Apache SolR as its primary
database for read only access (and OpenERP else). But in fact, OpenERP ids (and product SKU's) are all indexed into Apache SolR, meaning that
I could have a smaller indexed (nos store, just index then) and pull
the data from a website or from OpenERP (I'm using OOOR in my case as
it's a Rails app) itself once you have a search result. But not
hitting a relational database has its advantages of its own (it's
crazy fast).

Feel free to get in touch if you want to join forces here.
By the way, I'm curious, would there be any reason you would prefer
ElasticSearch over Apache SolR. I'm may miss something by my feeling
is that with recent Apache SolR versions (version 4+) there is no much
difference between the two engines (both being based on Lucene).
But still let us know if you go ElasticSearch instead

Best regards

--

 Raphaël Valyi
Founder and consultant