Re: Crowdfunding campaign for manufacturing modules

Maxime check line 24
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~openmrp-maintainers/openmrp/6.1/view/head:/mrp_master_extension/__openerp__.py#L24

On Fri, Nov 29, 2013 at 8:57 AM, Maxime Chambreuil <
maxime.chambreuil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Are you saying that you created a different project because you plan to
> make incompatible modules ?
>
> Thanks for the clarification.
>
> --
> Maxime Chambreuil
> +1 (514) 276-5468 #126
>
> ------------------------------
> Hi Maxime:
>
> OpenMRP is modifying MRP standar master data and database structure so
> most modules built for standard will not be valid on extended modules and
> viceversa. It's because of that I think modules should be published on
> different branches. Most of extensions on both aproaches would be not
> compatible.
>
> Standar modules cover IMHO only small assembly companies but they don't
> cover complexity of real manufacturing company.
>
> One of the aproaches of OpenMRP is controlling manufacturing by
> workorders(operations) made on machines (work centers).
> The standar modules have no way to consume or produce materials by
> workorders, or controlling semielaborated products without putting them on
> stock.
> Other functional lack on standar modules would be, manufacturing cost
> control. Normally, there is workers on machines who made the workorders. A
> manufacturing order cost is not only materials included on it but materials
> + machine cost + worker cost on each operation.
>
> Same way if you need having a real manufacturing procurement planning, if
> your operations are long time, you don't need stocking all materials at
> begining of order as in standar way but you only need having materials
> ready when you are going to start the operation that is going to consume
> them (The real manufacturing procurement planning is not covered on OpenMRP
> yet).
>
> The aproach is totally different on both solutions and both could be valid
> depending on casuistic of company's needs. Using OpenMRP will complex a lot
> configuration and proccess on any company but it will cover aspects
> unexistant on standar ones. For example, if your lead is a factory making
> asembly where they don't need calculating cost for machine(they don't have)
> or worker, probably I will propose standar modules. If you have got a
> complex production factory with production likes, machines and wanting to
> know each piece unitary real cost, I would propose OpenMRP.
>
> Wishing it will help you,
>
> Thank you:
>
> Ana
>

> 2013/11/29 Maxime Chambreuil <maxime.chambreuil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
>> Hello Pedro,
>>
>> Just a few questions : What will be the difference between OpenMRP and
>> OpenERP Manufacturing projects ? Where should someone put its mrp related
>> modules ?
>>
>> Thanks.
>> --
>> Maxime Chambreuil
>> +1 (514) 276-5468 #126

> [...]

Ing. Oscar Alcalá Rivera
*312-107-1704* · oszckar@xxxxxxxxx <ozckar@xxxxxxxxx>

Paseo de Bugambilias 251 · Villa de alvarez, Colima, CP 28978
Tlf: *3123111122*

*Open Source Enthusiast*
     [image: twitter] <http://twitter.com/oscarolar> [image:
linkedIn]<http://www.linkedin.com/pub/oscar-alcal%C3%A1/3b/a79/922>
   [image: Google+] <http://plus.google.com/107659954580035981067/posts>

[image: eco] No me imprimas si no es necesario. Protejamos el medio ambiente