Review day

Dear community,

I just receive a mail from Alexis De Lattre concerning the rules in place
for the reviews within the OCA projects. His main point is that reviews
take time and he ask me if we may change some rules to fastened the
process. For reasons that we already have discussed, I mainly answer that
changing the rules won't be a solution as they ensure the quality of our
work.

I see various reasons why reviews take time:

1) The success of the OCA bring more and more reviews to they eye of the
reviewers.

2) The people making the reviews (my-self included) make those reviews on
their free time and if not, their company aren't paid for that job. This is
more an investment that each of us value : it bring visibility, create a
team spirit and in the end minimize the maintenance cost of our work as we
aren't alone to maintain it (Given enough eyeballs, all bugs are shallow).

3) Too few people invest time to make reviews and test the work of other
without being part of the reviewer. May I remind here that EVERYBODY CAN
REVIEW each others work and give his opinion. The community reviewer team
only gives the commit right, not the right of making reviews and tests. So
come on, help us, it's free :) !

4) Sometime people having their reviews made take months to answer the
reviewer's remarks and that's not fair. If someone take the time to review
your job, the minimum you can do is answering him I think !

Now there's answer on how to improve that in the reasons above:

 * People not in the reviewer are more than welcome to starts making
review, we need your opinion !
 * People having their job reviewed, please answer the reviewers ASAP

Finally, based on the idea of Alexis, I want to suggest making an official
day for the reviews. It'll be a day where every reviewers (member of the
reviewer team or not) will review other's work. It'll be a define day in
the week (or month) and we may setup a IRC channel for that purpose.

This may improve the debate and fastened the merge process. What do you
think about setting such a day every friday ? Would you join the effort
when you'll be able to ?

Regards,

Joël

--