Re: Production Lot handling (New WMS. Call for testers)

Le 13/01/2014 17:12, Wouter Tebbens a écrit :
Hi,

I had exactly the same experience as Alexandre describes. Only by going
the partial delivery route could I ship the order.

Allow me an additional comment: for the lot numbers to be assigned on a
*FIFO* basis, one (or at least: I) would expect the system to assign the
oldest lot number of the article to be picked on the corresponding pick
list. However, as far as I can see it in the current trunk-wms, the
assignment of lot numbers is still manual, so operators will need to
guess the oldest article.
Wouldn't that require the scheduler task to be able to split lines in several serial numbers (if there is not enough in the 1st one to honour the order)? If so, I suspect it may have deeper implications, but one day it will surely become necessary.
Lionel.