From: Openerp-community
[mailto:openerp-community-bounces+vadim=enapps.co.uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Office ChriCar
Sent: 14 January 2014 10:52
To: Alexandre Fayolle; openerp-community@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx;
qdp@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Openerp-community] sortable / searchable stock levels (Re:
New WMS. Call for testers.)

On 01/14/2014 11:30 AM, Alexandre Fayolle wrote:
> Hi,
>
> One feature I was hoping to finally get in the WMS rewrite is
> searchable / sortable stock levels.
>
> The typical use case our customers have is to be able to filter out
> products with Quantity on Hand == 0 when displaying stock by location.
> Sorting by quantity on hand is also a quick way to see which products
> have a negative stock level (and therefore an inventory problem). This
> is not possible in oerp <= 7 without custom addons. Is it planned for
v8?

searchable and sortable function fields (non database fields)

I have funded and Panos has  provided a server 6.0 side patch (attached)
for sorting and searching of non db fields.
If OpenERP does not accept this it could now finally go into OCB.
IMO it is impossible to explain to users why some fields are
searchable/sortable and some not and client side (browser) sorting does
not make sens as long the client deals only with subsets (80 records or
so)

as well as one2many_sorted (using translated terms - what users expect)
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~camptocamp/c2c-rd-addons/7.0/files/head:/one2
many_sorted/
<http://bazaar.launchpad.net/%7Ecamptocamp/c2c-rd-addons/7.0/files/head:/o
ne2many_sorted/>
this allows different sorts in different o2m situations (stock_move,
account_move_lines,....)

--
Beste Grüße
Ferdiand Gassauer