Findings after testing webshop in trunk-website-al

A couple of hours of testing Monday’s (27/1/2014) version of the trunk-website-al, got me the following.
Note: some of these issues will probably be fixed in the final release, but I chose to list all things I discovered.
Please read all of them as remarks. This isn’t a bug report, only a list of my findings.

* the “python-werkzeug” package in both Debian 7 & Ubuntu 12.04 LTS is too old. The default package installs a 0.8.x, while the new OpenERP webshop uses the set_data method of the Response Object, that appeared in version 0.9.x of “werkzeug”. To fix, simple uninstall the default distro package, and install “werkzeug” trough python-pip.

* sales-tax on products isn’t calculated for sale-orders made through the website, it’s not mentioned in the cart, nor shown on the final checkout page. Reviewing the generated SO in the backend, reveals that it hasn’t been added to the SO either. Remark: adding the same product to an SO through the backend results in correct tax calculation.

* Remark: While sales-tax isn’t calculated on products, it IS calculated on shipping costs. Example, adding a EUR 500 product to the cart, with EUR 5 shipping-cost, results in a total tax (21%) of 1,05 euro (21% tax on the 5 euro shipping)

* Avoiding shipping costs is possible with a trick!
Imagine free shipping on products over 100 euro and 5 euro shipping costs on all products under 100 euro. First add a product of - let’s say - 200 euro to the cart, next, add one of 10 euro. Shipping will be free. Next, remove the 200 euro product from the cart and go through the entire checkout proces. Result, shipping isn’t recalculated and stays… for free!
(the inverse is also true, first add the cheap, then the expensive, remove the cheap, and shipping will never be free).

* A visual glitch, with Firefox 26.0 on Mac OS X Mavericks. In the shopping cart, once you click on + or - to change quantity, the quantity figure disappears.

* Delivery costs seem to be calculated based on individual products, not on the entire delivery. Example, free delivery > 100 euro. Add a product of 5 euro and on of 200 euro, shipping won’t be free. This might be setting that I didn’t get right.

As I stated before, these are remarks after testing the webshop in the trunk-website-al version, they might be fixed in the final release.
This is not a bug-report.