Re: report_webkit future

Hello,

We think we have too much report engines: RML, XSL:RML, report_webkit plus
all community  addons. We have a lot of report engines because none of them
were good enough to support everyone's needs.

The new QWeb approach is super clean, so we decided to go for it and invest
to make it perfect. We reviewed/are reviewing all official reports of
OpenERP. It's better to have one clean report engine and stick to it.

It's a huge improvement because its based on all the "normal" technologies
of OpenERP; views, translation mechanism, CMS/Inline edition, QWeb,
tests... So, all the improvements we do on the OpenERP framework or report
engine benefit to others parts of OpenERP.

I still do not know if we will deprecate report_webkit in v8 or v9, but I
prefer to tell you now, so that you can already base your future decisions
on the future technology.

Fabien

On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 5:01 PM, Nicolas Bessi <nicolas.bessi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx